Vetx Research Facilities
Wongaburra Research Centre
All laboratory / small animal pen studies are carried out at Wongaburra Research Centre (WRC) in the Northern Rivers region of NSW. WRC, built in 2008 and extended in 2013, is a purpose built, state of the art, environmentally sensitive research facility.
Fully accredited and licensed research facility
- Accredited animal research establishment
- First veterinary clinical research organisation in Australasia to be accredited by the Association for the Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care International (AAALAC), a global non-profit organisation that promotes the care and welfare of laboratory animals
- Licensed veterinary hospital (Licence No. 000963), suitable for provision of in house veterinary care, anaesthetic and surgical studies
Laboratory / small pen animal studies
- Significant research capacity is provided by extensive, approved facilities for dogs and cats, including climate controlled, individual housing.
- Dog studies are conducted using foxhounds and beagles, and cat studies using domestic shorthair and longhair cats.
- Fully equipped veterinary hospital with an operating theatre, autoclave and ancillary equipment suitable for surgical studies.
A fully equipped entomology laboratory and insectarium is available for In vitro testing of experimental compounds. Numerous cultures of pest arthropod species are maintained for the development of novel and existing products. Learn more..